Just sharing

Just sharing my love of flowers. One day last week, I made about 7 hearts in a 6 hour day. All the cane was prepared ahead the day earlier. I took breaks, but when you are on a roll and its going well, its going well. You have to pay attention all the time, you need to know your steps of what you are doing and you must be in control of the glass. I had a mini breakthrough and discovered a new trick for the bail and I will use it forever! Just something so simple, but made all the difference in the world, and that is to prepare a bump where it will attach first.
I will show you the peonies I did today later on. They are also very labour intensive and the beads are large, well allot larger than what I normally work with. I always think about the end result and how heavy it would be to wear, so they definitely won't be good as earrings, but we'll see. Anyways, I added yet another center cane, a yellow stamen, and it turned out beautiful. So these will have three layers of petals, with clear in-between each petal and two more canes added. However, we'll see when I pull them out of the kiln tomorrow morning. Perhaps I'll snap a picture of them right there in the kiln before they get cleaned, but I won't say more because tomorrow is another day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Intrinsic values getting turned on

Hand-made customized grief bracelet

Post show comments...