Intrinsic values getting turned on

Week before last I was solicited to donate work to an upcoming Annual Art Auction happening this March 28th at the Capital Theatre. It is for the Northumberland Child Development Centre which is a not-for-profit organization, also here in Port Hope. They provide programs and services for children who require additional support in our community. I always get excited when embarking on work that will eventually be donated. Designing and assembling the pieces is where all my time and effort went. These bodacious dazzling blue colours are spectacular and right on target for this year's spring fashion colours. I don't think I have ever done a bracelet with that many beads on it before, so it is truly a unique piece. The bracelet took the longest, but I've been working on all three pieces for the past week. I'm always wanting to please others with my work, or my creations. I have always been this way. I tend to express my love into beautiful objects and my surroundings. I do hope they love my work as much as I did making it.


I have and will continue to always support not-for-profit organizations. I have given my work to the Big Sisters/Brothers, the Rose of Durham, Hearth House and Friends of Music to name a few and I always seem to go a bit overboard, like I did when decorating the bird houses, along with 50 other artists. The bird houses went up for auction as well for a local charity and garden tour. I really loved doing them and tend to loose all sense of time really getting into it. I think I spent weeks on this particular bird house. I had even attached one of my original glass bird beads onto the back of it.



When we don't have to worry about money or worry about how much to ask, or if its going to sell, or not, and when money isn't involved, it is just so much more pleasant to work on. Its like giving a gift directly from one's heart. Seeing how difficult it was for me last year, giving from my heart really makes me feel good and I thank Karen R. from ncdcent for making me feel pretty good this week. Enough said. Hope it raises allot of money for them.

Comments

  1. We are so thrilled to have you donate this fabulous set to our upcoming art show and auction. This is our third annual auction and we are overwhelmed with the generosity of yourself and your fellow local artists who have donated such amazing works! I myself can't wait for the 28th of March. Thank you Jeanette for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm sure your enthusiasm will help spark a successful auction! Good luck.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hand-made customized grief bracelet

Post show comments...